So there was a small, inconsequential change in the Oracle Support landscape last week: Oft-maligned-and-yet-somehow-much-beloved Metalink went away, to be replaced by a flashier (hah, I kill me) My Oracle Support. I bet you barely noticed.
One thing that I discovered pretty quickly is that some of my links to old Metalink content no longer worked. Thankfully, the content itself hadn't disappeared, but I had some editing to do in my personal documentation. Here's what I've found:
- Links referencing metalink2.oracle.com, specifically those of the super-long form
https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?blahblah:NOT,nnnnnn.n, are broken. This may be temporary, but somehow I doubt it.
- It appears, however, that shorter metalink2 links
- Similarly, links that reference metalink.oracle.com, of the form
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=nnnnnn.nseem to forward to support.oracle.com without issue.
- The "new way" to format links to My Oracle Support documents is:
- These direct links to My Oracle Support documents do not open pages wrapped in the new My Oracle Support interface. This is probably a good thing for lots of people.
- Links to patches via updates.oracle.com, of the form
https://updates.oracle.com/ARULink/PatchDetails/process_form?patch_num=nnnnnnn, are unaffected by the switch to My Oracle Support. Whew.
Anyone notice anything else? Please comment away.
(off-topic aside: I didn't really expect to break a long blog silence with another post about Support. Ah well. Man plans, God laughs.)