- 05 Sep 2008: Inflicted metalink-urlify upon the world, or at least the one or two people who read this blog
- 18 Sep 2008: Added metalink-open
- 24 Oct 2008: Finally got around to correcting some URLs to account for the release of My Oracle Support. This means that metalink-urlify should be able to retrieve document names again.
- Generate an URL and description for a Metalink Doc ID and copy it to the clipboard, suitable for pasting eleswhere
- usage: metalink-urlify DocID [as format]
DocID: Metalink document number of the form nnnnnn.n
If format is unspecified, then just an URL is returned. This command will attempt to determine the title of the document if it detects an active Metalink session.
Example outputs for 987654.1 in the various styles:
otn: [Controlling orbital lasers with APEX and Oracle Spatial|https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=987654.1|Metalink Note 987654.1]
html: <a href="https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=987654.1" title="Metalink Note 987654.1">Controlling orbital lasers with APEX and Oracle Spatial</a>
text: Metalink Note 987654.1: Controlling orbital lasers with APEX and Oracle Spatial (https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=987654.1)
no format specified: https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=987654.1
Note: In cases where the title of the document cannot be found, the note number will be substituted instead.
- Search a highlighted block of text, or the clipboard, for Metalink Note IDs, patch numbers, or SR numbers, and open them.
- usage: metalink-open [this]
Will pull data from the clipboard if no selection detected in browser, or if user does not supply an object for the command.
Note: Does not check for a valid Metalink session. If you aren't connected to Metalink, be prepared to log in and refresh a few tabs.